Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

The parking break on the left side of my mustang 2040 skid

Customer Question

the parking break on the left side of my mustang 2040 skid loader will not release , how do I get it to move so I can load it and get it fixed ?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kenny, My name is Dan. It is possible that you could have a left side Pump/drive motor failure which would show metal in your return filter. If it is only the left side that is not moving disconnect the drive chain on that side so you can travel using the right drive. Check the linkage to the front and rear pumps as left and right travel are split between the pumps. Click on this link for the maintenance manual with some troubleshooting info. Let me know if you need more help

mustang 2040

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kenny, Did you get this resolved?