Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The parking break on the left side of my mustang 2040 skid…

Customer Question
the parking break on the...
the parking break on the left side of my mustang 2040 skid loader will not release , how do I get it to move so I can load it and get it fixed ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Kenny, My name is Dan. It is possible that you could have a left side Pump/drive motor failure which would show metal in your return filter. If it is only the left side that is not moving disconnect the drive chain on that side so you can travel using the right drive. Check the linkage to the front and rear pumps as left and right travel are split between the pumps. Click on this link for the maintenance manual with some troubleshooting info. Let me know if you need more help

mustang 2040

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago

Hi Kenny, Did you get this resolved?