Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Sumitomo SH210 and it has come up on the computer

Customer Question

I have a Sumitomo SH210 and it has come up on the computer screen with low oil pressure and keeps turning itself off. Can you help?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check the oil pressure sensor and harness to it for damage in case there is a wiring issue or loose connection causing a false warning and shutdown. If OK check the actual oil pressure with a mechanical gauge to determine if there is a true low oil pressure problem occurring. If you have low oil pressure it could be the result of a faulty oil bypass valve, regulator, bearing failure, etc. Inspect the drain oil and the oil filter for signs of bearing material indicating an internal failure. If the oil pressure is good and no other metal or debris is found then replace the oil pressure sensor if the wiring checks good. Let me know if you need more help