How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 28100
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
Type Your Construction and Road Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was taking apart 3024c engine from cat 226b skidsteer.

Customer Question

i was taking apart 3024c engine from cat 226b skidsteer. taking off front cover, fuel injection pump, took out cam shaft. during this peripheral vision saw something small fall on the floor. i never memorized which stage was coming off when this happened. but i just found the part. darned if i can find where it goes in any service manual picture. i can send picture if i had a text number or email address. it looks like a 3/8" circle with flat bearing surface on one side and recess on the other to accept some sort of rod. about 1/4" thick.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like it could be a valve cap, used to give a wear surface for the intake/exhuast valve. See if any of the other valves have it. You can add picture using the paperclip icon or tree icon above the typing box.

Related Construction and Road Equipment Questions