Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Mustang MTL 25 Track Loader. A couple of days ago I…

I have a Mustang MTL...
I have a Mustang MTL 25 Track Loader. A couple of days ago I was working with it and I let off the Pilot control and all it wanted to do is swing left. Just wanted to figure out before I start tearing it down. I need it for a big job next week. Maybe you have an Idea. Thankyou
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Maggie my name is***** will try to help. What problems are you having with your machine? What is your serial number as well?

Hello My Name is***** # ***** *****Good Oil Pressure comes out of Pumps , Trying to locate where two relief valves are. All Oil and Filters are Clean and New
Hello Dan Are you still there , Sorry I took so long I had to retrieve the Serial #

Hi Karen, sorry for the delay. I have my 5 year old daughter with me for the weekend. Click on the link below for the complete parts manual with Diagrams. This model is the same as Gehl and Takuechi. The diagrams are pretty detailed. Let me know if you need more help.

Parts info

Dan ,No Problem I understand. We have the Parts Manuel and yes the Gehl and Techahuchi are Universal to the MTL 25. We're just wondering if by any chance you may per chance happen to have a clue why it wants to swing and keep spinning one direction after I let go of the pilot Control?

Thanks for the updated info.... So is it counter rotating with both tracks moving opposite directions or is one side only still moving? Sounds like one of the plungers in the joystick handle may be g stickin or a stuck valve spool in the main control valve. Let me know

This helps . We will look into this . Thanks for the download . It's alot easier than the manual. I will probably keep in touch and let you know how things work out. We usually do all our own repairs , but have been so busy with other repairs and work. Thank-you have fun with your daughter.

Pleasure to help and thank you. Keep me posted.

Super. It's start. Kindly Karen

I check in periodically throughout the day as I am able in between jobs and at night. Once again it is a pleasure to help.

Good Morning Dan, We worked on the Pilot Controls and as we know there are many different valve blocks do you have an Idea which one it may be . For some reason the left side is getting hung up the right track is moving and making the machine spin left . Thanks Karen

Hi Karen, In the manual, see PDF page 36. You will see that they mark the ports on the joystick control and match those numbers on the control valve to the port the lines connect to. Look under the rubber boot og the joystick and see if one of the plungers is sticking down lower than the others meaning it is not returning to the closed position causing the function to still operate. If that is ok you will see the valve assembly in the upper right of the picture. There could be a spool sticking or a possible broken spring etc inside of the end cap of the spool causing it not to center and return to the neutral position. remove the caps and inspect for any broken parts. There is a breakdown of the valve in the manual to help. Let me know

Hello Dan, This get us closer, Herb took the Pilot completely apart thatseem ok . I think he's gonna call you . Whats a good time tonight?

I Karen. I just logged in and saw this. I was away for the night but maybe we could set that up for this evening if you still would like to get on the phone.

Dan, Technician