Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Who makes dash toggle switches 379exhd

Customer Question

who makes dash toggle switches for 2001 379exhd
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to buy them from a cheaper source peterbilt is a rip off at 45.00 to 100.00 plus a switch.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Go onto e bay and check the listings for Peterbilt toggle switches. Compare to the switch you are replacing as far as the terminals on the back. Here is an example for under 25 dollars with free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-08641-PETERBILT-TOGGLE-SWITCH-/361421635873?hash=item5426688121:g:~3QAAOSw~bFWLjDf&vxp=mtr

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Newstar also makes aftermarket parts and has a selection of switches. http://www.sandstruck.com/

Also on the side of the switch there should be the manufacturer info and specs that you may have success researching by those numbers

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is all info I already new I have been researching this for weeks . This answer did not help sorry
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What more info would you like beyond a less expensive aftermarket source for your switches?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I need an aftermarket manufacture that will plug and play , or the company that makes them for peterbilt so I can research them and there other distributors other than peterbilt . I have been hard at this and have come up empty handed . That's why I came hear .
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Newstar ( S&S) is the major one. That's the link I posted. Most of the aftermarket vendors purches from them and do their mark up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I already have them in my favorites but they only show one for 379's . I do thank you but I guess I will have to keep digging on my own . You have basically gone were I have already been . I am a 20 year John Deere master field Tech so research is something I am use to . Just thought maybe a peterbilt tech would know what I am missing .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help me get my refund
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure to help. You are on the right track. You can research them by the switch numbers on the switch through some electrical component companies... Ill get this sent in for you and good luck on your search