Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 160ECB sn 11187 It threw code 140SID and showed a

Customer Question

Hey Dan i have a 160ECB sn 11187 It threw code 140SID and showed a 250 9 I took a picture of the display if that would help. It shut off and I was able to crank it. It ran for 30 seconds and died again. I drained from the fuel water separator and all clear?? Any help
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First please confirm if this is the Leiburr crane of this model or an EC160B Volvo Excavator? On the excavator this fault points to a faulty VECU needing reprogramming or replacement or another common issues is corrosion at the connector on the back of the monitor panel. See if the machine will run in manual mode which bypasses the computer. If so you likely have a faulty VECU but be sure there is no wiring issues or corrosion in the harness that could have caused the failure or the problem could repeat with a new VECU. You can try reprogramming your existing one first. Let me know