Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

JD 260 skid steer: Lost power yesterday. Starts fine but at…

JD 260 skid steer:...
JD 260 skid steer: Lost power yesterday. Starts fine but at max throttle smokes and skips; also leaking hydraulic oil. What is wrong?
10/24/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Two separate problems. The engine is starving for fuel, so first change the fuel filter and drain the water separator. The engine is skipping and smoking from lack of fuel.

Hydraulic leak just has to traced back to is's source, with a skidsteer, you have many places that cam leak, not something that I would be able to determine!

Just have to run and look for leak! Best to put up on blocks so you can run travel.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician