Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

The brakes locked up on my 55b wheel loader. I changed both

Customer Question
The brakes locked up on...
The brakes locked up on my clark 55b wheel loader. I changed both(###) ###-####"air relay valves" and right pedal valve (disconnected air to left pedal valve).
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/5/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Do you have parts book on the unit? There will be a quick release valve for the brakes. When the foot pedal releases the pressure to the system, the quick release valve has to dump the air to the brakes. If quick release does not open, brake stays applied.

we have the parts manual that came with it. We have a "valve check" p/n(###) ###-####but not had time to replace it yet (very hard to get to) nothing in the parts manual is named "quick release valve". There is really nothing else shown in the parts manual that looks applicable and the "valve check" looks very simple to cause the problem, that is why we thought maybe we are overlooking something obvious someone could point out. This system is not pure air brakes, it is air over hydraulic with disc brakes.

Is the hydraulic master cylinder returning or is it stuck on?

Removing the air lines to BOTH front and back master cylinders air actuators allows the machine to move okay. There is air to the master cylinders air actuators when shouldn't be.

Where is this valve check shown to be?? Only check valves I know of, would be at air tank

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician