Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

On my cat 450f backhoe when idle is up and you touch break

Customer Question
it idles down how can...
On my cat 450f backhoe when idle is up and you touch break it idles down how can I disconnect this I don't want to idle down until I do it myself
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/4/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

This is a new machine I have not worked on yet. If you will post the full machine serial number, I will try to find an answer for you.

What is the purpose of keeping the throttle speed set and using the brake at the same time?

From what I have found so far, this cannot be turned off. It is the correct operation of the remote throttle. Below is the operation of the system.

Electronic Remote Throttle (Dial)

The Electronic Remote Throttle will provide the operator with the ability to select one of ten preset engine speeds. The remote throttle provides a constant set speed while operating the backhoe or roading. The remote throttle dial will operate only when all of the following circumstances are true:

• The remote throttle switch changes from position 1 to position 2 or to a higher position.

• There are no active Electronic Remote Throttle Input Diagnostics.

• The shift lever is in the Neutral or Forward position.

The remote throttle control will not operate if any of the following occur:

• A brake pedal switch input.

• A transmission state change.

• A parking brake state change.

• The remote throttle switch is set to position 1.

Th only way to stop this is to disconnect the brake switches and that would be a safety violation and very dangerous if the machine is used on-highway.

I do not see any service letters for machines beginning with serial number HJR.

Sorry, I do not see anything that has an optional control.

It appears CAT has blocked that from happening.

If I can help you further, please let me know.

Thanks, Donnie

Did you have any further questions about this issue?

If not, please rate my answer to close this question.

catmastertech
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician