Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a tow behind Galion Grader it bent the main arm

Customer Question

Hello I have a tow behind Galion Grader it bent the main arm and broke the gearbox that turns the blade. the number on it is G28702 is this possible to get from somewhere?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the complete model and serial number of your grader? You may be able to find one on the salvage network by having a salvage parts dealer put it on a locator. The serial number will be needed to look up the correct part number. If you have the parts book, let me know what you have for a part number and if there are any other numbers on the gearbox than what you have already posted. Let me know and I will see what I can do to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah ok I will have a look there's not many numbers as it is a pretty old model the actual gearbox number is ***** the hydro motor that bolts onto it has the number G28702. I'll try find the actual serial number for the whole thing.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That will be very helpful. Especially the model and serial number as that is how I would have to identify the correct parts book If I am able to access it. It would be ok to get this to me tomorrow sometime as it is 3AM here and I have a few appointments I need to attend in the AM. Will that work for you?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Just a quick search on those numbers brought me here... I would contact these companies listed and let them know what you have. Let me know what they say or if we need to dig deeper. http://www.marketbook.lt/list/PartsSearch.aspx?lp=TH&ltf=Parts&partnum=H28761&PST=Exact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Dan it has no serial numbers on it. Which makes it pretty hard to identify I didn't realize you were a U.S. based company I'm in Austrlaia which would cost quite a bit to get it over here even if we found the part
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes I am in the US. Let me know if you would like to continue or if you would like to process a refund but it is possible we may be able to source this out to other places but from my experience even here in the US there are times parts have to be ordered from overseas when there is no availability here for me or my customer.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It is really difficult without the numbers though to be sure you will get the correct parts