Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2004 catapillar D3G LT dozer with 3,800 hours . The…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 catapillar...
I have a 2004 catapillar D3G LT dozer with 3,800 hours . The transmision is not working properly - Saturday I was doing some grading work (dirt) for about 3 hours and then it just started slowing down , I stopped and put it in reverse worked fine for about 40 feet & then started slowing down to where it was hardly moving so I stopped & moved to forward position & about 30 -40 feet slowed down to where is was barely moving - so I stopped. Fluid level bubble on back of dozer looks fine
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/27/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 7 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Hello,Have you checked the machine for fault codes? Is the red LED lamp on? (Located next to fuse panel.)Is the battery fully charged and the alternator working correctly? Did you jump start the machine?What is the full machine serial number?