Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 416 that the lift cylinders only lift slowly and with

Customer Question
no power - have changed...
I have a 416 that the lift cylinders only lift slowly and with no power - have changed packings in both cylinder but same results
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
by mistake I paid for the answer before I got one. So please send me your answer soon.
7/22/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Hello, You have not paid for an answer yet, they just started a transaction. It will complete when you rate my answer. This is a common issue I see often. You need to replace the seals for the resolvers or reseal the valve assembly. If your valve is leaking oil, I suggest removing the valve and replacing all the seals in.If it is dry, replace the resolver seals for the loader valve sections plus the inlet section. (you will have pairs in the lift, tilt and auxiliary {if equipped} and one in the inlet section)Your dealer can supply these seals and they are not expensive. If you need further help, please post the full machine serial number with your reply.
I'm back with just about the same question - the CAT416 still has no power to the lift cylinders (both have been repacked) resolver valves have been changed any other ideas
The lift cylinders will not lift machine off ground and very difficult to dig with even to put back into transport position. The only way you can do anything with the machine is to rev it up and then its only slightly better.
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the location of your problem.Are you saying the front end loader cylinders are weak? Or, are you having problem with the backhoe cylinders?Is this with all the cylinders or just the loader lift cylinder or backhoe boom cylinder?Have you tested pressures on the pump at the pump output and load signal?What happens when you stall a different function? Does the speed and performance improve? Is the steering effected or not responding correctly?Did you reseal all the Primary and Secondary resolvers? On both the loader and backhoe valve?Have you checked the hydraulic filter for debris? Is the oil level correct and the oil clear? (Not foamy or milky colored)
catmastertech
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician