Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 2011 CAT 277 C skid steer that often sounds the overheating

Customer Question

I have a 2011 CAT 277 C skid steer that often sounds the overheating alarm when I am mowing with a high flow hydraulic mower. We keep everything VERY clean and yet the hi-flow mower always seems to overheat the CAT. Got any ideas?
Peter
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. How many hours are on this machine? Is this an attachment that has always run on this machine with no troubles or new to the machine and giving troubles? Also check the hydraulic filter internally for signs of fine metal indicating a pump or hydraulic motor/ component problem occuring. If ok and your cooler is clean and also not restricted internally the next step will be to check your pressures to confirm they are in specs as well as the flow for the high flow hydraulics to confirm they are within specs and providing enough GPM to match the specs for the mower. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dan,
We'll check the things you mention. Tractor has about 300 hours on it and is well maintained. The hydraulic oil heats up first and sounds the alarm. Shortly thereafter the engine oil alarm sounds because as you know the hydraulic oil and engine oil share the same radiator. Would you mind calling me at(###) ###-####(Cell)?
Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dan,
Did you get my response to your questions?
Peter
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete, I lost internet earlier today and am back online now though. LEt me know if you find any fine metal in the filter.