Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager
Experience:  Construction equipment repair technician since 1986, JLG certified, Shop manager since 2006.
75637220

I have a Bobcat 773. It was operating fine today. I

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Bobcat 773. It was operating fine today. I let my 16 yr. old son operate for a few minutes. He stopped machine got out. Got back in, pull restraint bar down and it wouldn't start. Restraint bar light is on even though restraint bar is down. Checked wiring for restraint bar. Looks good. Help.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for delay
If lap bar light is on and wiring is good switch is bad,, try jumping switch with a piece of wire or paper clip.Do not bend pins.
If you have a door for cab check that switch also.
Also seat switch.
They all run in series any one can effect starting.
Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do
I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order
that I receive them when I am online.
Thanks spanky
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, did you get your problem sorted out? I'd like to jump in here and help out spankyjr1. On a Bobcat skid loader, it doesn't matter whether the seat bar is up or down to start the machine, the seat bar has to be down before you can operate the machine once the engine is running. As for the seat bar light, with ignition on, seat bar light should be off with bar up and light should be on with bar down, doesn't matter if engine is running or not. When you say "pull restraint bar down and it wouldn't start", to clarify, do you mean "won't crank", or "will crank but won't start", there is a big difference between those two circumstances. I need to know if you have a C, F, or G series 773. Does it have rectangle shaped headlights or triangle shaped headlights?