Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Ok when i remove the high pressure hose the fluid does come…

...

ok when i remove the high pressure hose the fluid does come out slow , then i remove the pump and i found the shaft does not look normal , as if it wear up , iam attaching some photo

7/6/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
pump is not turning, the spline in the drive is worn out! You really need new drive and new pump!

can the shaft in the pump be replaced without replacing the whole pump

.

do they make sleeve or any idea of repairing

what about replacing drive shaft alone because the pump shaft grooves look not bad too much

Some pumps have replacable shafts , You will just have to ask the supplier. I have never seen a sleeve to repair it!I think it will have to be a new pump!

dealer said the the shaft for the pump they used to offer it but not any more , do u think there is after market available for the pump shaft and he drive shaft-

just wondering is there a junk yard for that and how do i find them

I doubt it, but you never gave me make and model!

1989 john deere backhoe/loader 310c serial # *****

diesel 4 cyl turbo

There are aftermarket suppliers for the Deere 310C pump. Just do a search for Deere 310 C hydraulic pump, and there will be a list! But the drive will likely have to come from Deere!
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician