Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 2007 New Holland L170 skid steer w/ 380 hrs.. the breaks…

Customer Question
Have a 2007 New Holland...
Have a 2007 New Holland L170 skid steer w/ 380 hrs.. the breaks are to set automatically when the levers are returned to neutral, but this machine will creep if on the slightest grade even when the engine is not running. What must i do to adjust this breaking system ?
thanks Sheral Hollingsworth, Monticello Utah,
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/30/2015
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 3 years ago
dd85
dd85, Technician
On your L170 is the instrument cluster on the right side or to the front above you? On either one when the levers are in neutral does the Park Brake light come on?

no, the park brake light does not come on, nor is it suppose to.

When ever the Park Brake is ON the Park Brake light will light up. I did not find where you could set the Park Brake to “the breaks are to set automatically when the levers are returned to neutral,”When the levers are returned to neutral, it is in neutral with no park brake. If you leave the seat the park brake should come on. To keep from creeping you will need to touch the park brake button, the push it again when you want to move.
If it creeps on level ground it may need the neutral position set. Normally have a Dealer do this.
If you have any more to the question, please reply.
Please remember to Rate my answer.