Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

L555 1987 will lift only 1200 lbs now and the tilting function…

Customer Question
l555 1987 will lift only...
l555 1987 will lift only 1200 lbs now and the tilting function is also weak but everything else seems normal whats wrong?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/27/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The most likely cause is either a faulty relief valve or a weak pump. Check the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for damaged o rings or debris causing them to stick open. If ok check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal indicating a pump or component problem occurring. Also, Check the suction strainer to be sure it is not plugged with trash/debris starving the pump for oil. Let me know