Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Hitachi EX -450-LC. I put a new hydraulic pump on

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi EX -450-LC. I put a new hydraulic pump on it and the controls move slow. In order for it to swing you have to work the boom or bucket function . The bucket moves at a snail s pace. Help!!!
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First was the system cleaned out from the pump failure. Metal through the system can cause further damage to system components and the new pump. It will stuff the valves and cause them to stick, cause scoring to the machined surfaces, seals, etc. Check your relief cartridges and main control valve spools for signs of metal/debris, damaged o rings and sticking causing a bypass of pressure. Checvk your in tank return folter for signs of fine metal and flush the system completely if there is metal still in the system. Let me know