Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My T-190 Bobcat shows codes volt sensor, oil pressure

Customer Question
My T-190 Bobcat shows codes...
My T-190 Bobcat shows codes for 8 volt sensor, oil pressure and coolant sensor. Engine cranks and runs. Can get tractor to drive, but no bucket operation. Sometimes the oil pressure light comes on...then in 10 seconds the engine shuts off like it should.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
so this thing started out like it was a chat....I did not intend to sit here and wait for someone to happen by...
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/21/2015
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 3 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager
Sorry you haven't got a response sooner, I've been outside doing weekend house work all day, just now sat down at my computer. What codes are you getting? Is this a standard control T190 (foot pedals for loader functions / sticks for drive), or does it have Advanced Hand Controls or Selectable Joystick Control?
With key on, not running...I have 47-22 and 8-21. When cranked, oil light and hyd lights on with codes 4-15 and 5-14. Shuts down 10 seconds later like it should.
At pin A on oil pressure switch plug...with plug disconnected and start switch on....read 2.9 vdc. Think it should be 8 vdc.
In woods at tractor now if you want to call...***-***-****.
Drat, there's some crazy things going on with that machine, no way I can troubleshoot this one over a computer chat. With the codes you're getting it sounds like it may be a problem with the main controller and may require Bobcat plugging their laptop in to get more detailed trouble info. Sorry, but there's not much I can offer, but be sure and check all the main power and ground connections at the battery, bad ground connections can make a Bobcat do crazy things.
I'm going to opt out of your question so it will go back on the board for others to view, maybe someone will have some ideas. Best of luck sorting your problem out.
Thanks. I removed the battery cables and cleaned them. I think the low voltage at the oil pressure sensor indicates a bad controller. The diagrams I have are so small they are hard to read.
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 2 years ago
Yes, could be a faulty main controller, could be a number of things wrong with the wiring harness, that's why I can't really help with this one. Be sure and inspect the harness good for damage. I've seen a muffler blow out and the heat from it in the engine compartment melt the wiring. Also check for signs of mice damaging the wiring, you would not believe the stuff I've seen mice do over my years of working on machines, and for some reason wiring insulation must be candy for them.