Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 3306 Engine has been disassembled. I would like to

Customer Question
Hi Cat 3306 Engine has been...
Hi
Cat 3306 Engine has been disassembled. I would like to know more about the thrust bearings, mainly how the arrangement comes. I was not present when engine was stripped. Please help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/21/2015
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 3 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
Can you get me the engine serial number please?
The thrust bearing slides up into the block. The thrust bearing should be marked "Block Side" on one side of it. This is the side the faces the block. Once it is put up into the block, the main bearing cap will hold it in place.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.