catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

Parking brake on 247b will not release.

Customer Question

Parking brake on 247b will not release.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 2 years ago.
Hello,You did not indicate if you have any flashing lights so, I will assume you do not.Below is a guide to help trouble shoot this issue. Follow it as best you can and I will be glad to help you more if you need it.Please include the full machine serial number with your reply if you do.
I will be out some today but, I will try to reply as soon as I can if you need more help.Thanks, Donnie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no flashing lights at all. By appearance everything is operating properly. Intermittently the parking brakes stay locked. Both sides are locked when they stay locked. So I'm thinking a solenoid that locks both sides? But I do not know where that solenoid is so I could check it and or bypass it if possible to get by to finish this job.
Please send me your full machine serial number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My serial number is *****
Here is your solenoid location.
The guide I sent you is how to test the circuit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That pic you sent doesn't look like anything on my machine under the cab. Is there only one parking solenoid that locks both the right and left sides? And just tell me where it is located
Yes it is confusing without all the other lines.When you stand in front and look down at the end pump, it will be just to the right. It is bolted to the frame and will be just behind the A/C accumulator (if you have A/C) It is just one solenoid for both brakes. A tee fitting on the bottom is were the release fluid goes to the brakes.The steel tube is the drain/return to tank line and the single hose on the side is from the pump to supply pressure for the solenoid. I am guessing you will not do the troubleshooting and just connect the supply to the brake lines. Here is another image that may help.