Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can't seem to get power to basket. Tuned up all set but can only…

Customer Question
Can't seem to get power...
Can't seem to get power to basket. Tuned up all set but can only run from ground. Kent ***** *****ft ch6o ser# ***** LSG-423p 606p
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/20/2015
Mechanic: Jeremy R., Heavy Equipment Tech replied 3 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Heavy Equipment Tech
Hi there, I'm Jeremy I'm going to help you with your question.Anytime you cant get power to the basket it's usually either a bad switch on the ground control box or a bad E-stop on the platform controls.If those both test good then the problem is going to be a boom cable with a broken wire.Sometimes there are spare wires not wired into anything and hang loose out of that cable at both ends and you can use them as temporary fixes if you find that you have a broken wire in the boom cable.
When I open door on keyed side I see three clear small boxes with a small wire wraped around front of each box. These are in a row horizontally with 1st box R-13, 2nd box R-12, 3rd box R-15. The 2nd box has a yellow light on when key is on and wire droops a little. These 3 boxes say RELCO SERIA MRC. Is this the problem?
Jeremy please call me at(###) ###-####or e-mail me at***@******.*** on the ***** *****ft ch60c