Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Is it possible to get a hydraulic pump to put on a 3306 cat…

Customer Question
Is it possible to get...
Is it possible to get a hydraulic pump to put on a 3306 cat motor for live hydraulics
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/20/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Hello,Are you asking if the front gears can drive a pump or a rear gear setup?Or are you looking for a front or rear PTO to the crankshaft adapter?Many options are available. Some locations would limit the size and load the pump could supply but the short answer is yes, it can drive a pump.Please include the serial number with your reply if you are looking for more details.
I am trying to see if it would work to put a hydraulic pump direct drive on the 3306 engine on my 1964 model D6B crawler tractor. I currently have a pump on the back of the tractor and you have to have the clutch engaged for it to work. I don't have a serial number on the engine but could probably get you one. Do you know where to look for it on the engine?
Thanks for the reply. Since this is an actual dozer, a hydraulic control may be used for reference. If you can send me the tractor serial number, I will research the information for the hydraulic pump location. The number for the machine should be on the left rear corner on the transmission frame.
The Serial number on the dozer is 44A9591
Thanks for the serial number. I must take that to a different PC to find the old iron information. I may take me a few days to locate what you need but, I will post back as soon as I can find something for you.
I may have biten off more than I can chew here. I see four different versions of the 161 hydraulic control group.
The first one has the pump mounted on the left front of the engine.
I guess I need to know if you currently have a CAT hydraulic control or something aftermarket and where it is connected?
Of the old iron machines I have seen, the pump was mounted to the engine or the flywheel housing.
Have you seen any area to mount a pump?
If you can upload some pictures maybe that will help me narrow down some options.
Front Left would be great. My current hydraulic Power comes from a no. 44 cat unit that drives through the back of the transmission. This makes it so the clutch has to be engaged to have hydraulics. I will get you some pictures.
Thanks, ***** ***** the No.44 was only a cable power unit. I had not see it with hydraulics.
I am going on vacation and will get you pic t ures on Monday
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Ok, thanks. I will try downloading some parts pictures and get them to you this weekend too.
Thanks