Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Samsung se 130 lmc 2 sn dby0937 when asked to travel engagement…

Samsung se 130 lmc 2...
Samsung se 130 lmc 2 sn dby0937 when asked to travel engagement is very slow as well as boom down all other functions operate fine rebuilt swivel joint and new filters the problem started all at once
6/17/2015
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 7 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Did this problem happen after swivel joint rebuild? Have you checked the servo pressures to each spool control lines in question? You should cap the lines with test gauge and verify you have 500 psi to spool when deflecting controls. Could be worn pilot spools on those particular circuits not allowing the correct pilot pressure to stroke the spools.
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
the problem stared before rebuild don't have service manual /schematic and have not tested any pressures yet but pilot pressure controls other functions ok the first thing that I noticed slow was curl cyl then both travel motors act the same 25 sec to engage unless I crack return out of swivel joint then tracks move could there be a return restriction all filters are newthis machine is deep in the woods I will perform test on travel spools tomorrow any other advice
I would check the pedal for not fully deflecting the valve spools on floor. I have seen dirt packed in there which in turn didn't allow full deflection of lever and minimum servo to spools. SO the case drain is what your cracking on the swivel joint? there shouldn't be any pressure build up on the case drain, MAx is 50 psi. There is a case filter but I'm sure you changed that already. It is important when troubleshooting to take the simple pressure checks first then also cycle times using the boom and arm to ensure both pumps are working together. It's possible one pump might not be working since you said the bucket circuit isn't responding. Check the cycle time of boom up and arm in and out and if bucket works the same. I will try to locate those specs.If you need to tow the machine out the easiest way I have found is to remove the sun gear and planetary to allow the machine to free wheel then you can push easily with another machine. additionally when trying to travel see what the pressure is on the pumps if it is 5000 psi and your not moving then there is either damaged components, stuck brake, gearbox damage, or drive motor issues. Drive motor case drain should be minimal, check by removing the case drain and capping removed hose. then place a test hose on fitting and other end to bucket. Engage drive f/r and monitor the amount of case oil into the bucket. It shouldn't be a garden hose effect.
thanks for info there is dirt packed around pedals I have full range which is the case drain filter? I don't have more than appx 20 psi from case line on swivel but did see small amount of air when line is open . all functions even ones slow to react have plenty of dig power including when traveling cycle test should be done from rear of each pump? I will ck case drain flow from drive motors but again this seems more like lack of pilot pressure .will done more test and talk tonight
Hi, Cycle time is done using a stop watch and measuring the speed of each circuit from end to end at full power. It will tell you condition of the pump output and if there might be an issue in the circuit. Just a quick test to see whats going on. With regard to the dirt packed around pedals that is why i suggest to check servo pressure to spool and this will verify the valves full deflection or possible worn spool leakage if low. long day on my end here so i didn't get a chance to look up any further info. I will try again tomorrow. thanks
HI, I hear the long days they never end when your a mechanic just got your last response I will measure cycle times on the circuits that operate correctly .I have performed pilot pressure test 625 psi measured after filter I have pressure going into foot valve but when in install gauge at l or r pilot line on either travel spool a7/a8 on main control valve I have nothing ? today I will test for pilot pressure on boom down circuit b4 which moves after huge delay as well. things in ?The three way solenoid valve mounted under cab area one has saftey lock and supplys pilot press to right joystick with a filter at stick (bucket acts slow as well as boom down ) the travel being the other issue looks to be supplied w/pressuere from 2nd solenoid in same block have you seen issue in this 3 way soleniond system? I have a service manual for se 130 w-2a it helps some and I see other components load check valve which is optional but it involves all three circuit in ? I will keep digging thanks for help
I will look for more info on that solenoid valve but the fact your not getting pressure to spool is a good point to concentrate on. Does the pressure rise slowly at the spool when holding for a bit? Indicating a blockage in a restriction possibly or worn travel valve. if you use another function say arm to control the travel spool is it normal? The boom up will be using the con flux in the mcv meaning the other pumps oil, possibly a sticking regulator to lead us back to cycle times and pressure readings. it is possible one pump is doing all the work and you have a stuck regulator. Make sure the negative control flow on the pump dumps via the foot sensing valve so the pump can stroke and have flow. Line is the small one from the mcv to the side of the regulators/ pumps.
Did not find time today and will not be able to access machine until Monday thanks for your help with this. When I held foot valve in either direction I only had small spikes 250 psi I while holding for 10 sec it takes 30seconds to see a slow engagement and it is unfortunate that I didn't measure that psi . I will retest that and then hook direct to arm this problem started all at once after I rebuilt swivel joint I had the new issue of no boom down. When checking negative control flow do I disconnect line at the pump and dump in bucket? what kind of flow should I have and should they dump the same ? I have heavy repair scheduled for wed but would love to solve before I need to track the machine 200 yards for easier work when I travel at idle after 30 sec delay the machine moves freely with no added eng load I don't think brakes are applied is it possible they are released w/o pilot pressure and ported internally thank again.
info for setting presssures and checking negative flow.
97726026-1c02-473c-bfb3-...jpg9772602...jpg9ba11157-35a3-44af-b980-...jpg9ba1115...jpg6ca97197-ad2e-432e-80b4-...jpg6ca9719...jpg557a35d6-1703-4f42-9bcc-...jpg557a35d...jpg
additional info
76373508-b760-4249-a65f-...jpg7637350...jpgaad6c31c-559f-4f2c-806e-...jpgaad6c31...jpg3af28f86-37ca-4edd-a263-...jpg3af28f8...jpg034e3be5-6786-49df-9a01-...jpg034e3be...jpg
s
8fcdf253-ee2e-4afe-8c86-...jpg8fcdf25...jpgd9d5a256-aa6d-44f0-b712-...jpgd9d5a25...jpg1a431785-e483-49f5-a14b-...jpg1a43178...jpg9520ca8a-87d6-48c6-b0cb-...jpg9520ca8...jpg40c797cc-d8c9-442b-b518-...jpg40c797c...jpg395b08e6-3c40-40a5-94ce-...jpg395b08e...jpg
and lastly
d1c198b5-cec2-4453-9673-...jpgd1c198b...jpg3d025ee2-1f12-459c-b75b-...jpg3d025ee...jpg5015c630-5f10-46ce-a60d-...jpg5015c63...jpg968f3ef9-bda1-49dc-9ae2-...jpg968f3ef...jpg