Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am Anders, and my Volvo EC210C tals me Warning, Stop

Customer Question
Hi, I am Anders, and...
Hi, I am Anders, and my Volvo EC210C tals me Warning, Stop machine Pattern Signal Failure and gives error code on hydraulic system failure: MA9169-5. Do you have any idea what it could be? Very greatfull to any sugestion. The Volvo Mechanic could not find anything. Machine is slow, and does not manage to change from slow to fast crawling. Rgds, Anders, Norway
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2015
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 3 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Hello, yes this is normally caused by the sensor on the pattern change out valve. there is two sensor there and its a proximity switch and occasionally goes bad. I will load up more detailed info when i return this evening about 10 pm eastern time. thanks
I couldn't find that solenoid either. Can you send a pic of the error code. I have a pic of the sensor locations i will upload after you respond. Check them to see if the led is lit and then goes out when you move lever from each one. Make sure the lever is fully deflected, possibly that it moved giving the code and then in turn affecting the servo supply system. Did the Volvo Mechanic update the software? How about turning the parameter off to see if it clears the code and improves operation. Also there are many pressure switches on the servo lines for the circuits, make sure the connectors are dry and not corroded.