Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a job js 130. One track is slower than the other

Customer Question

Hi I have a job js 130. One track is slower than the other and the bucket ram is very slow. Changed the filters and obvious stuff but still no better
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jack, my name is***** will be glad to help. If all functions are good other than that one travel motor then 9 out of ten time it is the rotary manifold seals bypassing pressure. This is your next step to reseal in inspect the rotary manifold located behind the base of the boom. If you pull it apart and there are deep grooves in the manifold sealing area it will have to be replaced. Once back together and if the problem still exists, check for excessive case drain pressure at the final drives. Disconnect and cap the case drain hose. Run a hose from the drive motor case drain into a bucket, pin the track at the sprocket to prevent travel and engage travel. There should be a low volume of oil for case drain. If it comes out in high volume or pressure that drive motor is bad leaking excessively internally. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok what about the bucket ram because that has gone slow aswell. It's slow moving but still has lots of power when it gets there.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the update Jack. If you have multiple functions slow then that points towards pump or a pump control issue on one pump since the functions are split between both main pumps. You will need to verify the pump signal pressure on both signal lines is good and if so the possibility of one pump having a control valve problem or other internal issues which would likely show up as fine metal in the return filter. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jack, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.