Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Bobcat 430 trouble code 6406 , turns over fine, tries to start

Customer Question

bobcat 430 trouble code 6406 , turns over fine, tries to start ,for split sec.
Was running fine moved from one job site to another. then wouldn't start.
Checked relay, swapped relay out still not starting.
Checked for water in fuel ,drained small amount looked good ,no water.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. 64-06 Switched Power Relay Short To Ground. This is an indication of a failed relay or a short in the harness. Check the harness for any shorts or bare wiring, damaged connector pins, etc. Check all grounds as well. If the harness and grounds test good then you are looking at a failed relay unless this is the relay you already changed then it is likely a harness problem. Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have already checked for shorts to ground, none visible, replaced relay, still not starting , And as the code says. i have a maintance book of codes and had already check for relay short to ground was hopping to get more specific info?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Let me opt out as there might be another expert who will have the schematics and more detailed info you need to test and troubleshoot this further. It seems you already have the service book on hand