Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 308b , the boom up and down stopped working and the stick…

My 308b , the boom...
My 308b , the boom up and down stopped working and the stick in and out and the off set stick pedal. All at the same time everything else works normal. If I jerk the machine by moving the tracks back and forth quick these functions will start to work again but the problem keeps coming back.
6/11/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the LH console pilot control safety lock switch and valve that it is engaging and disengaging as it should. There is an electrical switch that then engages a solenoid to enable your functions. Also check the filter for signs of metal/debris indicating a potential pump problem just to be safe. Let me know the results and if you need further help.
All other functions work so it can't be the safety switch and the filters and fluids were just changed
Thanks for the update. So the bucket functions, travel, and blade are still working but you have lost stick and boom only? I just want to be sure we are on the same page. Was the cab raised in the service position? I would check for any loose connections in the harness for the pilot controls and to the solenoids to start. Also check your relays and try swapping with a known good one. Let me know
Yes bucket, swing, blade and travel work. It happens while I'm in the middle of doing something it just quits then comes back
That sounds like a relief valve sticking or a loss of power to the solenoids. I would pull the reliefs and look for damaged o rings and debris causing the relief to stick open.
Dan, Technician