Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a cat 426 series 2 has been working fine, but now when…

Customer Question
Have a cat 426 series...
Have a cat 426 series 2 has been working fine, but now when you try to crank acts like battery dead but is not, found that when you try to crank if you turn steering Wheel at same time will crank
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/10/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Sounds like you have a hydraulic issue holding the engine under a load. If the engine cranks slowly but then will turn over once you pull a hydraulic function it means that either you have a pump problem, return restriction, or a valve sticking holding pressure in a circuit. Check the hydraulic filter for metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure occuring. Let me know

Hi Earl, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.