Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a L185 New Holland skid steer.....The petals are locked…

Customer Question
I have a L185 New...
I have a L185 New Holland skid steer.....The petals are locked up and I have no boom or tilt.....every think else seems to be working as far as seat belt safety control....machine moves forward and reverse.....boom would travel down all the way then both petals locked up....Charlie
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/8/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Problem is the lock solenoids in the control valve are not retracting, locking the pedals. The seat belt and seat switch are what has to close the relay to send them power. Look in the main panel, where the fuses and relays are. On the older models, there were two main relays at bottom of the panel, one was starter relay. the other was the relay for the solenoids. There is only one now, I think it is the one for the solenoids. See if the solenoid is getting voltage from the seat switch. And check the solenoid , to see if it is closing, you can jump the two large terminals to see if the solenoids release.