Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a7045 pump with very low hours proubly less than 400…

Customer Question
I have a7045 pump with...
I have a7045 pump with very low hours proubly less than 400 it will start right up but is slow to gain speed . when you let up it will die it was running fine and it started doing this we changed fuel filter the electric pump is pumping fuel to it. we also put some howes lubricator in it . it is a little better but still dies
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/30/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
What is the 7045? What engine do you have? Have you checked the fuel supply from the tank to the first filer? This is where any debris would restrict the fuel supply to the system.
Allis Chalmers 7045 , stanadyne pump. We checked fuel and changed filter there is nothing restricting the fuel. It will start right up, rev up but slow. If you let up on it it will die and then start right back up.
Have you removed the return fitting in the injection pump to see if the return may be restricted. The return fitting is typically a check valve and if stuck, pump pressure builds and can keep engine from running. Check the fitting and the line back to the tank, to be sure it is open. If no problem with the return, I would make a test line from the electric fuel pump inlet, back into the fuel tank opening, bypassing all the parts before the electric pump. If no change, I think it would be time to have the pump checked!
Already did this. I am a diesel mechanic and have done all of this. Something must be wrong with governor I 'll have to take it off and send to a shop to be rebuilt.
OK, thanks for the reply.