Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

No hand pump and the only filter I can find is the filter with…

Customer Question
No hand pump and the...
No hand pump and the only filter I can find is the filter with the drain I did not fill it so it ran out of fuel help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/26/2015
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 3 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
Yes it's best to prefill the filters when there is no hand priming pump. If your engine has a secondary fuel filter. It would be located on the engine after the fuel pump.
I would try removing the fuel filter and filling it with fuel.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
I CAN NOT FIND A 2ND FILTER IS IT ON THE LEFT SIDE PLEASE HELP
It may only have one. If there is a second one. It would be on the non turbo side of the engine.
I think only one and I did take the one filter back off and filled it up is there some other way
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
There are only two other options.
One is to use starting fluid. But you must be careful not to use too much.
The second is to have a hand primer installed on the engine. The local Cat dealer should be able to get you the parts needed.
Let me know if you need more help.
Is there a line that could be bread starting fluid ok to use before the air filter
Actually I prefer to spray into the air filter. Its the best way.
Also, most 3126B engines have an inlet heater. It needs to be unplugged before using starting fluid. There is a relay beside the intake of the engine that runs the heater. Unplug the 2 wire connector on the relay before using starting fluid.