Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

On Scania DSC 1201 400 hp enjin water is leaking out of a hole…

Customer Question
On Scania DSC 1201 400...
On Scania DSC 1201 400 hp enjin water is leaking out of a hole in block right underneath rocker cover on piston no 2.What can be the cause and how can it be fixed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/26/2015
Mechanic: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Is the hole from rust?
Is it a freeze plug?
Is block or head cracked?
Or is it a bolt hole?
If not please explain in more detail.
Under rocker cover should be cylinder head is this correct?
let me know
On the block underneath the rocker cover is a hole that runs into the block - water leaks out of that hole. The water comes out of the block. Someone said it's called a weep hole.
Weep holes are usually located in parts that move either coolant,,fuel,,or oil,,,such as water pump,,,fuel pump,,,injection pump,, not blocks though unless its a drain or vent.
Are you getting water in oil?
Its possible that the hole rusted out from the inside,, this is caused by old or bad anti freeze.
How big is hole and is hole threaded?
We should be able to fix it I just need as much info to give you the best repair.
let me know