Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobby ihave an 843b bobcat sometimes it wqill crank with…

Customer Question
hi bobby ihave an 843b...
hi bobby ihave an 843b bobcat sometimes it wqill crank with swich an mostly have to short it out at starter think I got a wireing problem or a wire off somewhere/??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
once u short the starter it will crank that's why I think its just awire off somewhere an cant find wireing diagraim from swich to starter please help me fugurethis out
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/23/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Look at the starter solenoid. There will be a single small post, that is the switch terminal. The wire from the keyswitch for start, has to go there. Use a short jumper wire to test the solenoid, touch the battery post to this small post, engine should crank. If not , the solenoid is bad! If it does start, get a test light or voltmeter and check the wire at the solenoid, does it have 12 volts when key is turned to start? It has to for starter solenoid to engage the starter. If no voltage, follow the wire back to the key switch and see if there is voltage at the switch. Use wire color to determine which wire it is.
Now the s.o.b. won't crank!! Starter turning when I short IIT out but won't start , u made things worst Curtis
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My direction was to go from battery post on the solenoid to the switch terminal, this is the same connection the key switch makes. Nothing else! Did you have key switch on? If not, engine is not going to start.