Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How I can do the electrical operation on the caterpillar…

Customer Question
how I can do the...
how I can do the electrical operation on the caterpillar excavator M 318 monitoring system smscs code : 7451: 7490 please let me know
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/19/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Hello,I am sorry, I do not understand your question. Which function do you need help with?Are you referring to the Service Manuals or the Owners and Operators Manual (OOM)?What is the full serial number of this machine?Please post as much detail about your problem. I will be glad to help as much as I can.
we buy e new monitor, because the old one don't work, when I replace it's burn a part. because it said the pilot lock .
I send the questions before to the mechanic Dan this is itThe serial number is ***** AL00959 M 318 the hydraulic flow has a door on IDEL low flow, it still open and the oil flow and everything is working , but when it get speed like 1000 rpm it looks like the door of the hydraulic flow is close and nothing works.What is the problem of it. please let me know to fixed it. The engine need power to work, but it shutting down .Check the safety switch and harness in the LH console. If this switch is faulty or the harness has a problem it will disable your hydraulic functions. If ok check the switches in the RH console. as one is for backup mode to bypass the controller(computer) and the other it to control the throttle if there was ever a controller failure you can use the switches to get it on a trailer of off of the site. Let me know if the LH console pilot safety switch is working and if we need to dig deeper. This is What he send me,. now I like to know how to install the new monitor. Regards Rositta.
please let me know how to install the new monitor. The wire connection. how to put them together.
I think you are asking for wiring information on the electronic controller. I will attach a file that may help. If this is not what you need, please let me know.If you need a full repair manual, you will need to purchase that from your local dealer.To troubleshoot this system, you will need the service program M300. This is part of an ET service subscription from your dealer.Some of the other tooling needed is listed below.Service ToolsThe following tools should be used for servicing or troubleshooting the electrical system: Table 1Service Tools Part Number Part Any IBM Compatible Personal Computer (Minimum of (2 GHz) CPU) (###) ###-#### Cable Assembly for Connecting the PC to the Machine Service Connector JERD2129 ET Single Use Program License software The following tools in table 2 may be used as an alternative for the tools that are listed in table 1: Table 2Service Tools Part Number Part 9U-7330 Digital Multimeter 8T-3224 Needle Tip Group 7X-1710 Multimeter Probe Group (###) ###-####andSEHS9825 Portable Diagnostic ToolSpecial Instruction 6V-3000 Connector Repair Kit (Sure Seal) 9U-7246 Connector Repair Kit (Deutsch DT Type) 1U-5804 Crimping Tool 9U-7400 Multitach II 4C-3024 Recharger 9U-7506 Cable Assembly 4C-4892 ORFS Fittings Group (###) ###-#### Wire Removal Tool (###) ###-#### Terminal Repair Kit 4mm Allen Wrench Used on Deutsch DRC Connectors Note: The Caterpillar Electronic Technician is a software program that runs on a PC. M300 Technician is included inside the ET. In order to use the Caterpillar ET, order the following components: ET Single Use Program License software, JERD2129 Information and requirements sheet, JEHP1026(###) ###-####RS232 Connection Cable The sheet for information and requirements will list the hardware that is required and the features of the ET. Not all the tools are needed but, the service software program is the only way to see the faults in the controller memory. The system does not have any doors to close off hydraulic system. If you can upload some pictures of the items you are describing, maybe that will help me understand you problem better.This site has some tools to help you upload images from a digital camera. Please let me know if this will help.
If I put the engine on , of when i start the engine, all the light of the sensors are on, of it has to be on function only and the light of the sensor go on. please let me know.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need to know if it's work when the engine is working and all the lights of the sensor are on.
Or if it 's in function only the light of the sensor are on. please let me know..
I am sorry I could not reply earlier. I work out in the field during the day and don't have much access to the internet. My time is also limited for posting replies. I will be glad to help more at night. I hope I am understanding your question correctly. I think you are asking which lights should be on in the panel when working the machine. The monitor will have lights on for each working function that has been selected. None of the lights will be on all the time.The light that does cause some confusion is the power level lights. You can select the power lever I (1) and II (2) but, level III (3) is only on when the travel pedal is fully depressed. This must trigger the switch under the pedal to turn on the light and set power level to Level III.
I will post a link to a file that will cover the monitor in better detail.
Copy and paste this link to your browser's address bar to view the file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv6ka711nqvmoz6/M318%20Monitoring%20system.pdf?dl=0
Please review this document and see if it shows you the area of your machine that is not working correctly. Let me know what you see that is different or not working and we can get closer to the source of your problem.