Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I HAVE A 1981 410 BACKHOE. IT SEEMS THAT FOWARD ALWAYS SLIP

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1981 410 BACKHOE. IT SEEMS THAT FOWARD ALWAYS SLIP A LITTLE BE FOR IT WOULD ENGAGE FULLY. I LET SOMEONE ON IT AND I THINK THEY TRYED TO OVER MUSCLE THE FOWARD LEVER ON THE STEERING COLUM. IT STOPED GOING FORWARD. EVERTHING ELSE WORKS FINE EVEN REVERSE. I CHECKED THE LINKAGE AND AJUSTED IT AND THE LEVER CAME OUT I BELIEVE ON THE REVERSER. IT LOOKS LIKE A PIN IS MISSING FROM THE LEVER. I CAN NO LONGER PUT THE LEVER BACK INTO THE REVERSER SOMETHING DROPPED IN SIDE. I HOPE I'M TALKING ABOUT THE REVERSER.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the parts manual and let me know the PDF page number and part identification numbers on the diagram to let me know which components on the linkage you are referring to so that we are on the same page. This might also help you identify what might have came apart internally. let me know
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/pdfs/PC4137.pdf