Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 410g john deere backhoe that the parking brake come…

Customer Question
i have a 410g john...
i have a 410g john deere backhoe that the parking brake come on moveing forword I have put new swich in and did do anything to help
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/15/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Parking brake has a s/n break, but both are spring applied and hydraulic released brakes. So the seals in the park brake may be leaking off and letting the brake apply. Repair would be to remove the brake housing, after removing the drive shaft, and reseal the brake piston. The brake does have two bolts that can be used to hold the parking brake in a released position so unit can be used.TX10/TX1005716______UN04APR06.gif