Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an early eighties 410 JD backhoe and I am replacing the rear di…

I have an early eighties...
I have an early eighties 410 JD backhoe and I am replacing the rear differential along with the planetary assembly on the left side and not sure what steps to take to install the new parts. The axle on that side has had the bearings and seals replaced by a technician.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the serial number of your machine?
serial number is(###) ###-####last digit could be a T there are other numbers also motor 4219DT03 and frame 344628T Model 410-D also known as a straight 410
Thanks for the update. I uploaded some service info for you. copy and paste this link in your browser to download the manual. Let me know when you have it so I can disable the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/b7ybadcsvc7e3j9/JOHN-DEERE-JD-410-BACKHOE-LOADER_-TM-5-2420-222-34-component_repair_man.pdf
Dan, Technician