Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I need help with a skid steer, new Holland. Auxillary hydraulics

Customer Question
I need help with a...
I need help with a skid steer, new Holland. Auxillary hydraulics will only spin an auger very slowly. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/9/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Hello, I am sorry but, my knowledge of New Holland machines is very limited.I have no experience on their hydraulic systems. I will OPT-OUT so others can see your question.
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 2 years ago
dd85
dd85, Technician
Is this a L170 or a LS170?Either has 17.7 gallon per minute flow. What is your Auger rated for minimum?If this is a LS170 and has 4 sets of couplers on the boom then it could be a Hi-Flow system.and there is a switch you must use to turn on the Hi-Flow. is the4 handle moving all the way? or is it stiff? if stiff, then remove the plate between your feet. look at the linkage from the handle to the valve. spray with lubricant. see if the spool is moving fully in and out.
It is not a high flow machine, only two couplers up front and no toggle switch on dash or by control arm. The handles seem to work just fine and my bucket arms go up and down and lift very fast and no problem with weight etc. Fluid levels are good.
Are you saying linkage under the plate can affect the speed of the hydraulics or do you mean only with high flow?
It is a puzzle, we put the same auger on same machine at the dealer and it was fine.
Let me know what to try next please! Tks.
The linkage under the plate is for either standard or hi=Flow.What is your auger rated for minimum flow?Next would be a flow test of the aux hydraulics to see if the pump is putting out 17 GPM.
Does it go faster in reverse? if so then it may be the linkage needs adjusting.
No, its the same I would say. No obvious difference in speeds forward or reverse. Of course I do not go backwards for long periods of time but I have noticed anything different. Seems to run fine. I think it may need the flow test to figure it out. If the machine runs fine and the bucket hydraulics up/down and arms all are good that would mean the pump is fine right? But I do not know how the pump sends fluid to the remote hydraulics. Can that be plugged up somewhere?
The flow goes from the pump to the valve between your feet.
3 spool valve, 1 to boom, 1 to bucket and 1 to aux couplers.
Yes it sounds like you need to get a flow test.
dd85
dd85
dd85, Technician