Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 966f wheel loader. Wheels were spinning. Heard a pop and now will not pull at al…

Customer Question
I have a 966f wheel...
I have a 966f wheel loader. Wheels were spinning. Heard a pop and now will not pull at all. Not even taking gear. Can't hear solenoid clicking on the trans. Took auto shift box harness off and only have one wire out of 40 with .7 volts.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/26/2015
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 7 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Thanks for requesting me,Can you tell me the full serial number?Was this noise a gear pop? or an electrical pop?Serial number could begin with any of these numbers.WHEEL-TYPE LOADERModel Prefix966F WHEEL LOADER 3XJ966F WHEEL LOADER 4YG966F WHEEL LOADER 7HL966F WHEEL LOADER 8BG966F II WHEEL LOADER 1SL966F II WHEEL LOADER 9YJ
Don't really know what kind of pop. Operater said a pop. Serial 08z94150
Pin. 1sL02072
Other number is *****
Thanks for the serial numbers.The Autoshift ECM will receive power on pin #1 and ground on pin #2.Pin #1 is a white wire marked 164. This wire is powered when the key switch is on and comes from the Autoshift ECM fuse.It should have battery voltage (24 volts) and ground must have less than 5 ohms resistance.This same wire is also tied the the Autoshift/Manual switch to turn on the Autoshift indicator in the dash.If the manual setting is selected, the Autoshift ECM will not effect shifting. The shifting should be controlled by the shift handle. Check the shift handle for power at the connector pink wire marked 126 and the black wire marked 202 is ground.Also check the neutralizer switch and the left pedal switch for proper operation. They both can "De-clutch" the transmission.
The neutralizer and/or pedal can send power to the shift handle to tell it to neutralize the transmission. Here is the wiring to the switches.
Check these circuits to see which is not working and you may find your lost power. Let me know if you need more help.
I will in the morning. The driveshafts turn through the trans and feel good. I don't know if the pop he heard was something breaking or the trans popping out of gear. Thank you for the ibfo
Great. I will be out in the field tomorrow too so, I may not be able to reply until the evening. Internet service is spotty and not reliable. If you need and answer earlier, I can OPT-OUT of the question and maybe someone else can help you.
That will be fine. I'll try all of your suggestions and get back with you tomorrow evening
Thanks, ***** ***** be looking for your reply.