Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Curtis,We just purchased a 2006 850 Cade dozer. Changed

Hi Curtis, We just purchased a...
Hi Curtis,
We just purchased a 2006 850 Cade dozer. Changed all filters, added fluids, etc... now when we try to run it, the dozer will only turn left. Even when you use the right turn knob, it turns left. My husband is working on it now... Any suggestions what could be going wrong?
2006 850K Case Dozer
2006 850K Case Dozer Any idea when we will get an answer for this?
4/16/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi Ragena, My name is***** see the expert requested has not been available to help. I will be glad to try to help. Check the hydraulic filter for metal/debris that would indicate a pump or drive motor problem. This machine is hydrostatic drive. If metal is found in the hyd filter then you either have a pump or drive motor problem. Also above each final drive behind the round covers with the triangle emblem on them are the brake assemblies. You could have a brake that is applied. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access the online parts book to help him identify the components. If the filters are clean then the next step is to have the pressures tested and the hydrostatic drive flow checked with a flow meter to see if the pressures and flow are within specs. Let me know if you need more help
http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr57125
Dan, Technician
No metal/debris in hydraulic filter. When dozer is traveling straight, there is no sign that a brake is applied. When we try to turn right, the dozer turns left, when we turn left the dozer turns left.
Are there any fault or warning indicators when this is happening? I will be out on the road for the day but will respond back when I get back in the eve.
Not that we see... We actually have someone coming out to look at the dozer. I appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks for the update. There could be something electrical with the controls or a sensor or it can be a hydraulic/mechanical problem with the Pump or drive motors as well. Keep me posted on the results.
Thanks Dan! Have a Great Friday!