Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

i just bought a 1998 hyundai 210 lc3. Had hyundai out

Customer Question
Hello i just bought a...
Hello i just bought a 1998 hyundai 210 lc3. Had hyundai out we serviced the unit replaced all the filters. Now i put 15 hrs on it since then and today it just quit running on me. Like it just ran out of fuel, just filled it up this morning. now it just urns over. Any ideas what to check for ,as dealer is closed today?
thx Jason
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/12/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

At the injection pump will be a fuel solenoid, it may not be opening the fuel . Locate the solenoid and see if it moves when switch is turned on. On some models it is external, others it will be in the pump body. Check it for voltage if it does not move. If it has voltage the solenoid may have failed. If it is the external version, you can tie it in the run position and the machine would be usable.