Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2007 ecr88. I bought it at an auction. All fluids…

I have a 2007 ecr88...
I have a 2007 ecr88. I bought it at an auction. All fluids and filter were just changed. When I try to lift machine to clean tracks it lifts very slow and only about a ft nothing like my pc78 komatsu. When I tried to push out with the bucket smoothing the dirt it barely pushes. Machine only has 1800 hrs any ideas.
3/17/2015
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 7 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
dieseldan55 :

Yes I would check the pump pressures first. It will either be a low servo pressure and the spools are not stroking far enough. Or you will find a relief setting low or pump failure.I can see if I can locate the specs for this machine, unless you already have the manual. Please advise, thanks, Dan

Customer: I don't have the specs. When I try to lift machine its a bit louder. Swinging left and right is good. Turning tracks is not great. Are there any adjustments I can tell my shop mechanic to do. We have not experienced this with any of our other machines. I don't want to have him pull the pump until I have tried your recommendations. Should I check the valve that siwithes the controls?
dieseldan55 :

Hi, I was looking up the adjustment checks and will load them in a moment. The lever changing pattern will effect the arm and boom but not the whole machine. So if the bucket and blade are also slow then stay with checking the pressures. Just verify the valve lever is pushed one way or the other depending on control options. I am going to upload info now.

Customer: Should I check pattern control
dieseldan55 :

yes, that was the valve i was refering too.

Customer: Bucket and blade feel good hard turning machine just like our smallec15
dieseldan55 :

I would still verify the pressures, the pumps did have an issue with the internals failing on some machines. Checking the pressures to verify a starting point is always a good idea and it will help determine the next step. Possible the machine is in fast travel speed? this will reduce the turning capabilities.

Customer: I will do thi tomorrow . Thank you for everything
dieseldan55 :

your welcome I'm looking to send a couple more items, check back in a minute.

dieseldan55 :

sending info on track motor specs, doing a case drain test on these will help isolate whether it is a pump or drive motor issue.

dieseldan55 :

good luck and look me up if i can help further.

dieseldan55 :

curious on what the serial number was, there is two types of control valves serial dependent

Customer: How do I get in touch with you tomorrow to let you know the serial number? You have been very helpful
dieseldan55 :

you can come back to this question, but i wont be able to paste anything unless you open a new question. I'm asssuming the serial number is ***** 14000 and sending a valve info sheet as well. Gladd I could help, dont for get to rate my answer please. Thanks, Dan.

Customer: Thanks again excellent service sorry to keep you up
dieseldan55 :

no problem, goodnight. uploading now.

dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic