Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 97 Deere 310e backhoe. When I started today I released…

Have a 97 Deere 310e...
Have a 97 Deere 310e backhoe. When I started today I released the emergency brakes. The machine drives forward in nuatral position and also in Forward position. When in reverse it doesn't fully go in. Just creeps backwards. If I switch the emergency brake toggle switch back and forth few times it engages. Any idea what I should replace?
3/16/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Check the shifter to be sure it is sending power to the solenoids, just check it at the shifter. If it checks good, go to the solenoid cover on the transmission and check the solenoid harness and connections. How long has it been since you last used? Appears to be a solenoid problem where the forward solenoid valve is not shifting the internal valve.
I'm going to deere dealer in a bit. I'm going to pick up new F n R lever and see if that helps. May even pick up new emergency brake switch as well. Tge three selonoids on side of Trans. Which one is forward selonoid?
Parts book only shows them to all be the same. Forward.neutral/reverse. Not sure which end would be forward.
Is it the there that run top to bottom on left side of Trans?
Power shift transmission, yes, on shuttle transmission they are on top.
I replaced the forward N Reverse switch on column. $579.00 from deere. That wasn't it. Lol non returnable on electric parts. I removed tge selonoid cover. Unplugged all. 3 selonoids. Removed and cleaned. Tested them with 12v juice as if I bought new they were $315.00 a piece :( So I tried cleaning first. Reinstalled them and tge work now. Have no clue if it was dirty or loose wire maybe not sure but it does work. Thank you
Thank you. Please rate and accept to close the question.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician