Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2007 cat 257b. The left track does not move. So for…

I have a 2007 cat...
I have a 2007 cat 257b. The left track does not move. So for I have replaced the pilot control and the orings. I have checked the brake solinod it has 5000 ohms. Fluid is full. The right track works and all other functions work as they should. Also when I move the joy stick to move the left track it does not sound like the pump is activating. Thank you
2/26/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Dan :

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. Check your hydraulic filter for metal that would indicate a pump or component problem. If clean then verify your pressures to OEM specs.

Dan :

Here is a troubleshooting manual that will help with some test info and schematics.

Dan :

Here is some other information I put together for you as well. Schematics/ operators manual.

Dan :

I am logging off for the night but will be available to follow up periodically through out the day. Let me know if you need more help

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Dan thanks for the schematics. I had already had those. I was looking for a place to start now that I have checked the parts listed in the question. Is there something that I am over looking
Hi Brian If you have pressure and flow to the Left drive motor and all other functions are normal except for left travel then you could have a failed drive motor if the controls check good. Check your return filter for sugns of metal indicating a pump or drive motor problem. Also you can put the bucket against a loading dock etc, diconnect the drive motor case drain, cap the hose and run a hose into a bucket, engage travel and look for excessive case drain. It should come out in low volume. If it comes out in high volume or pressure then that drive motor is bad. You could also check the relief valves in that circuit for damaged o rings or debris causing a bypass of pressure. Let me know.
Dan, Technician