Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I just bought a Massey ferguson mf30 I would like to know…

Hi I just bought a...
Hi I just bought a Massey ferguson mf30 I would like to know what year it is and what motor is in it. All I know is that it is 4 cylinder gas and the serial number tag has the sn 9a225428. It is a backhoe
2/8/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Lets try working from the other direction. Is engine overhead valve engine, or a flat head? How many speeds on transmission? You have industrial tractor, so Massey Ferguson 30 will not be any help. I suspect this is Massey 30, and has the 4 cylinder Perkins AD4-203 gas engine, overhead valve, built between 1970 and 1976.
It is overhead valve spark plugs are on the top of the head on the left-hand side of the valve cover it has a three speed transmission with a high low range lever and a lever for forward and reverse ( transmission and range and forward/reverse levers are all separate). Below the patent dates on the serial number tag dates listed from 1955 to 1969. The Sheetmetal on the tractor has MF 30 on it And the loader is an mf34
That is the Perkins AD4-203 gas engine , and the tractor is the MF30, indudtrial model. There is no record of th s/n's but was built from 1970 to 1976. Here is the Tractor data link. Left click to highlite, righ click to go to it. --------------------http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/3/135-massey-ferguson-30.html
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Awesome thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!