Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Dan - Bought a Samsung SE210W-2A having a hard time finding…

Hi Dan - Bought a...
Hi Dan - Bought a Samsung SE210W-2A having a hard time finding a service manual... would a SE210-LC3 (Tracked unit from same era) be closer or a Volvo EW210C manual be a better choice for a service manual?
2/6/2015
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 7 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Customer:

Hello, the ew210c is a new version machine and completely different than that one. The tracked one will have different electrical and hydrualics due to the hydrostatic drive. I have a service manual is there something your looking for? I will ask parts if there is a book available if you would like?

JACUSTOMER-735ny6rn- :

Yes please ask your parts guys if they can order one. My local volvo guys say they can't get them. I would happily rent your manual for a week with a significant damage deposit so you know it's coming back and in same condition as it left.

Customer:

Okay I will ask and I'm sure we can work something out if needed, what is you location?

JACUSTOMER-735ny6rn- :

Regina,sk Canada

Customer:

ok I spoke to parts they will need the serial number from your machine please.

dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Thank you and please send the serial number of machine.

SamsungSE210W-2AGBY03922001
Hello, okay I will forward to parts on Monday I believe the serial number is ***** not sure where the 001 play into it. Ill let you know, thanks

Hey Dan

Sorry I clipped that out of a spreadsheet the formatting got lost and the model year and ser # ***** glued together. I'll try this again:

Model: SE210W-2A

ser #: GBY0392

Model Year: 2001

ok thanks
Hello, just a follow up. Still haven't heard back from my part guy. Snowstorm is kicking our butts. I will relay as soon as he lets me know. thanks for your patients.

No worries, ordered my swivel joint seal kit yesterday but time to escape south for some sun for 3 weeks or so so shop is going to be quiet anyway. - Up in the NE are yeah? - Yes pictures on the tv look pretty miserable over there. Here in western Canadain plains we are supposed to complaining about the weather but this winter has been pretty painless so far.

Perry

Hello, I heard back from parts, and the book for service is no longer available. There is a parts book but I'm wondering what info you need from the service manual and possible I could copy and send to you?

Hi Dan,

I did find a parts book online so I am good there. We've got a leaking swivel joint to fix 1st but that looks straight forward to get apart. Next is the creeping lift cylinders which I assume is in the valve block which I am clueless on and then some issue with the electronic control module as it appears to be offline. I'd really, really love to shoot a copy of the whole manual into a .pdf as we plan to keep this unit long term. Sure I can't pry it out of your hands for a week or maybe get a local copy shop to scan it? And of course happy to make it worth your while.

Perry

Hello, okay I went to Staples today to see about getting it copied. They estimate about $300 to copy the manual and still not a guarantee. If you want I can copy the hydraulics section and see what that will cost. I really don't want to lose control of the manual since if something should go wrong I then would be without the manual. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan

I certainly understand u don't want to risk loosing the manual. It's worth $300 to me to get the whole thing done, is that a paper copy or a .pdf?

Perry

Hi, that was a paper copy but the pdf sounds like a good idea as well. Okay we are in that blizzard today i will go ahead and drop off the book tomorrow to have it copied. I will relay back to you on the status after that. Thanks, Dan

Gez yeah your weather is making the news here again - looks like a hell of a mess out there.

Yes I only need a .pdf no need to ship paper around.

Is the service manual punched pages in a binder like the parts book or is it a bound spine book(s)? Maybe we can find a outfit like this one http://www.blueleaf-book-scanning.com local to you - they could do a much better job than a photocopy gal at Staples.

Perry

Wow that site looks great, much cheaper i think i will send their instead. let me contact them first. The manual I have is in a ring binder and about three hundred pages with large pages in hydraulics and the schematics. That's the tricky part but worth a shot.

Oh perfect they are in a binder that makes it so easy, just put them in any scanner that has a sheet feeder and does double sided scanning and it's done in 30 min. My home printer/scanner is a $250 Epson wf-7620 and even it would make short work of it.

The large pages just lay them out flat in good lighting and take a photo with a good 35mm 12-15M pixel digital camera.

Perry

Hi Perry, I placed a call and sent an email to that outfit. Even though its a binder there are many pages with foldouts so a real pain in the but to do in my opinion. And the schematics are 8 pages in diameter so quite large. Let me see what these folks say and let them handle the hassles. I was just going to try for the pdf version unless you wanted a hard copy as well? Still haven't heard back from, them but will advise once I do, Thanks, Dan.

Yes all I want is a .pdf , no need to print anything.

Perry

very well I will be sending the book to them for a copy. I will update you when i get it back. thanks Dan
Manual is sent out to MO and should be back in two weeks, contact me and we can finish our business

That's great Dan, appreciate you have gone above and beyond to make this happen. Talk to ya in 2 weeks.

Perry

thanks

Hi Dan,

Any news on the manual?

Perry

Hello, yes. I have a digital download now and awaiting the return of the manual and the dvd I ordered as well. I should have them by this week they said 4-6 days return shipment. If its just the digital copy then we can work that out alone. Most likely will require a phone call to each other. I was unable to post in the question since it was old. I will send a link for a phone chat.
(###) ###-####/p>