Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

the bucket will not curl or dump. the light position

the bucket will not curl...
the bucket will not curl or dump. the light for bucket position valve will not come on either, and the code in the hour meter reads 7.2 and then shut down ,can you help me out
2/3/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Dan :

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Double check on that fault code to be sure you are not missing a digit as it does not show a 7.2 in the list.

Attachment: 2015-02-03_205024_bobcat_fault_codes.pdf

Full Size Image

Dan :

Check your safety interlock switches and harness(Seat switch, lap bar/seat belt switch, door switch if equipped)

Dan :

If any of these switches or the harness has a problem your functions will be disabled. Let me know and I will be glad to help

Dan, Technician
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Hi Dan lets try code 72.2 its been a long night plowing snow

Hi Bill. What I do have is 7-22 which is 07-22 Hydraulic Oil Temperature Out Of Range LowHere is a free manual available for the S250 but if you give me your serial number I could likely help you with the correct PDF manual for your machine that will have all your schematics, repair info, and test specs. double check to see if there are any more codes and let me know.

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Bobcat-S250-Manual.pdf

Hey Dan can we finish this tomorrow because then l can have all information you need witch will make it easier

Sure that will be fine. We can post info back and forth as needed. Enjoy your evening Bill.

Hi Dan its Bill with s330 bobcat with the bucket that wont move its a 2008 with 536 hrs serial number A 02040211 still getting code 72.2 machine moves turns can lift the bucket just wont dump or curl, no movement at all, was plowing snow when it broke Checked all safety connections on door seat bar, all look good, any ideas where to go from here? lts 12:00 pm here et an im going to the bobcat now, you can text me at ***-***-****, thanks again

Hi Dan you can text me your answer at ***-***-**** about the bucket not moving on the s330 bobcat

Hi Bill. A common problem related to the symptoms you describe is with the lift/tilt actuators and harness. Try swapping the lift and tilt actuators and see if the problem moves with it. they have to be calibrated after installation by either the bobcat software through a laptop or there is also a manual procedure using the joysick levers with a sequence of movements. I need to check which order they are as I dont recall off the top of my head. The concern here is an actuator problem will throw a fault code in most cases but the number you ar getting does not match an actuator problem but your symptoms do however. Check the harness and actuators and let me know
Dan, Technician

Hi Dan its Bill had to take it to bobcat and let them fix it at 185 hr. we need it for the snow that is coming, thanks for the help

Hi Bill, Thank you for the update and completely understand your dilemma. Pleasure to help.