Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I had bobcat 773 would stall under load. Forums said replace…

I had bobcat 773 would...
I had bobcat 773 would stall under load. Forums said replace fuel filter. I did and now can't even start. I'm all thumbs when it comes to this stuff. Any chance I missed something simple?
2/2/2015
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

What engine do you have? Kubota? Did you fill the filter before installing. and did you prime the fuel system to get the air out, using the primer pump and bleed screws?

Customer: I did not fill the fuel filter. Or bleed screws. I did pump the bulb and the filter is full but I guess I need to bleed the lines/pump. Will try that. I saw a bleed screw on the filter housing. Is there another?
Curtis B. :

Bleed screw on filter and one on the injection pump or inlet line to it. If you got air into the injection pump are, after bleeding all the air out, you will need to loosen the injection lines at the head, and crank until you have fuel squirting, then tighten the lines and engine should start.

Customer: I will try that and get back to you. It's out on property so it will be late tonight when I get out there.
Curtis B. :

OK, thanks.

Customer: It worked. Thanks help. Worth every penny
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician