Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

my 873 bobcat has been setting a few months. I put a grapple…

my 873 bobcat has been...
my 873 bobcat has been setting a few months. I put a grapple bucket on today and it will not do anything. The green lights blink back and forth.
Have you seen this before?
1/18/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
my name is***** will try to help. It sounds like a safety interlock problem if you have lost your functions. Check your Lapbar/seatbelt, seat switch, and door switch if equipped and the harness . If ok then see what fault codes you might have. Try pressing and holding the light switch seconds and see if you get any fault codes to display in the hour meter... Let me know

The BICS display behind the seat on the inside of the cab with the green lights,all are solid green except the seat and it blinks steady. Does the seat override button on the top left actually override the seat switch?

, This link is different model but the operation is the same.... See PDF page 109. I wanted to give you this information before I headed out the door as I am gonna be away with Family day and wont be available until tomorrow. http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Bobcat-S250-Manual.pdf

That is the Interlock override and it should override the safety switches when pressed. Let me know how you make out and I when I get back. The codes are also in that manual.

Dan, Technician